I am not too much of a runner. And by 'not too much', I mean I sometimes get in six miles in one week, spread over two or even three running sessions. These weeks happen one or two times a month at the most. Two or more things however compel me to run and one of them is named Rahul. The other is part of my plan to overcome my inability to sustain myself in tennis matches in hot conditions. The losses this summer where I completely wilted on court against some really good players, stung pretty badly later. I think running is a good way to build some stamina, so better start liking it.
My running plan for a start it is called 'Will Not Get Off the Treadmill Before 30 Minutes Plan' and is very modest. Because I know my biggest issue with running is in my head and my greatest struggle is fighting the clock and lots of boredom. I started doing 5 miles an hour for 30 mins, just so I could tell myself that I would feel completely okay after I got off. The plan now is to stay on the treadmill for at least 30 mins every time I step on it. I did 5 mph for 30 mins twice before and today upped it to 5.5 miles for 30 mins, which translates to about 2.8 miles on the whole. Just to pat myself on the back a bit, I rounded off to 3 miles and clocked 33 minutes..and felt totally fine after I got off. Baby steps and little mind tricks seem to be working well!
No comments:
Post a Comment