Sunday, January 24, 2010

Too much Sallu

I had never ever watched a Sallu movie in all my growing up years. Yes, not even Maine Pyar Kiya. Then over this weekend, two Sallu movies happened, two too many. Two more that reinforces my utter dislike for most of the crap that comes out of Bollywood.

I watched Veer in a movie theatre and will never forgive myself for spending 10 bucks on it. Apart from the most obvious BS, there are a few things that totally upset me. The twirling princess. Everytime Zaine Khan made an appearance, she twirled to some annoying background music. Walk straight, princess. You are making me dizzy. The fun part was to hear the genius film maker's thoughts on how the song sequences fit the situation. Belch.

I think the warrior folks would have won their battles with so much more ease if they were not weighed down by their jewels. I hear in between takes, thats what they used for utensils on set. Jackie Shroff in one scene looks like a chandelier fell on him.

After Veer, it was No Entry. Thankfully we were buzzing with some bubbly and that made the nonsense tolerable. The women in the movies are bimbos. None of them do anything worthwhile except being preoccupied with their husbands. The men are well, men, Bollywood style. The script goes on and on trying to fit one comedy sequence after another with no rhyme or reason. Sallu even sings to a snake while hanging off a cliff. The snake runs away. Sadly, there was no such luck for me till the credits rolled.

I am done with Sallu movies. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment